Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweet Presence of Jesus

Early this morning my granddaughter Rosemary and I had a twitter exchange about a worship song titled "This is our God." It's one of many worship and praise songs that Hillsong has produced. The song is the title to the cd. Well worth having it.

This afternoon I was doing some veggie shopping at Uwajimaya in Bellevue, thinking this whole time about worship and found myself rushing to get done with errands and get home. I knew an "event" with the Lord was about to happen. I got my iPod and started listening to the song. Had to play it again. And again and again. How precious and sweet is the presence of Jesus our Lord! We are powerfully changed in His presence. Oh, if all the world would know how beautiful our Savior is!

Since being a part of TRC, the way I look at praise and worship has been changed forever.

We are created to worship the Lord. All of God's creation has a desire to worship something greater than what we are, so some create no-gods so they can "see" their god, but their no-god will forever be what it is, a no-god without power to love, create, forgive, or bless. We have the honor to worship the true and living God, and I pray all of us will come to prayer and worship looking at worship with new eyes. We can have high expectations because of who our God is.

I pray this Sunday we all come expecting to know the presence of Jesus as we worship together. Let's thank God we still have the privilege of freely worshiping Him with all that we are.

No comments: