Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vision

I've been praying since yesterday for blog words to write about God's vision. Every day we know that God has been stepping up the pace of ministry through TRC, but putting living words to the vision that He has given is another thing. It's like trying to explain the presence of Jesus. Words are wholly lacking to describe what that means in the heart. It's the same with vision.

There are certain things we know about vision. We perish without it. "Where there is no vision, the people perish; but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." There's a clue, obedience to the will of God. Jesus very simply called his disciples, "Come, follow me." No big explaination, no great response from the disciples about what questions they may have had, if they did have questions. (Do you suppose Judas thought to himself, "what's in it for me?" Just wondering.)

The call of Jesus covers everything. Anxious about the unknown? Come, follow me. How will I have time for everything? Come, follow me. I will if... What is that to you? Come, follow me. I don't have much. Come, follow me. I'm weak, come follow me. Whatever we can come up with, Jesus says: "Come, follow me."

The second part of Vision soon.

No comments: